Thursday, January 13, 2011

Death by Cabin Fever

Today is day 4 of being shut in because of 6 inches of snow and ice. I have osculated between being ok with it all and wanting to run through my icy streets screaming because I just can't handle being in this house one more second! I try to remind myself how beyond thankful I am that we have not lost power. When I can keep that perspective it helps me have a better attitude!

Monday morning when we woke up everything was covered in soft beautiful snow. We got the boys out to just walk around and my neighbors grandchildren were coming out and building a ramp on their front steps. They were so kind to invite Nolan over to play. He had an absolute blast!

Notice the fancy pink boots?? I tried to buy some rain boots on Sunday and every shelf in Greenville was wiped clean! My sweet friend Emily came to our rescue and Nolan just loves that he is wearing Annie's boots- he could care less about the color! I am learning that snow is just going to be a part of our lives a few days a year and I need to go ahead and invest in the equipment.


Elliott was happy to just sit in the wagon and watch Nolan sled. Jerel works from home, so even though we were shut in he had to still work. Thankfully he took some time on Monday to play with us.

So, we have survived, but I am READY to get out of here! So are the boys. Next week should be much better!! Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Susie said...

so fun to read all about the boys!i feel like i am caught up now! after being with you and hearing about them, seeing the pictures is perfect! sarah, they are ADORABLE!!! i could eat them up! i love their puffy vest! i am excited about being more connected and you cracked me up several times!

Redheaded Adventures said...

Too stinkin' cute!