Thursday, April 16, 2009

Important dates...


As I have said, I feel like life has been too busy to blog. Here are a few dates that are on my calendar that will explain why.

05-29-09
This is the day that we close on our house. We decided the beginning of February to put it on the market and just see. We knew that it was a really bad time in the world of economy to sell, but we figured that we had nothing to loose. We didn't have to sell by any means, but as we looked down the road we just figured that we would want to sell at some point. The house was totally renovated and up to date, so no time like the present. We had a few crazy offers and sold in 8 weeks. We now have 6 weeks to find another house and get out of this one. You know, they say that this is a buyers market, but as a buyer it doesn't feel like it is our market. Maybe it's just difficult to decide when you hope this to be your "forever" home. I will keep you posted as soon as we get another house. I just don't want to live in an apartment if at all possible!

10-29-09
This is the day that we are suppose to meet Nolan's sibling. :) We found out the end of February that we are expecting baby #2. This for sure motivated us even more to sell our house. We thought that we would like the kids to be close in age...this may be a tad closer than we thought, but are very excited. I am 12 weeks and doing fairly well. I think that with the second one you just don't have time to think about the exhaustion or sickness. I am trying to rest when I can and PRAYING that I can avoid bed rest this time around. I am pretty sure that I am days away from having to embrace maternity clothes which is such a bummer- and seems so early! Everything I have from Nolan was for winter. Ummm...a maternity swimsuit should be really attractive on me!

So, between showing our house, trying to find a house, resting when possible, and getting dinner made the blog has been forsaken. I will try to get back into the swing of things soon. Until then here are a few bonus pictures of the little man!
Ok- not the best picture but they were playing catch in the morning- and it was just really cute!

I am starting to think I need to get this kid a helmet. One minute, happily walking along, the next minute- wham- he falls into a drawer.

He was eating my cereal and cracking me up!



4 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Nolan and baby #2 will be almost exactly the same as EK and Abigail. I won't lie...it was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be having 2 so close, but it really is fun and I know as they grow up it will get even better!

I'm so excited for you! I may have some maternity stuff for you if you want it...it's yours for the taking (I was due November of last year so I started wearing maternity clothes right around this time as well and through the summer). Let me know if you want them...I'm trying to get rid of all of it so I won't be tempted to get pregnant again anytime soon:).

Anonymous said...

What exciting news! A baby on the way and house hunting!
I'm sure your "forever" home is just around the corner...

I can't wait to see how your adventures unfold!

Hugs, Brenda

Maggie Pelton said...

Congratulations on both!! I'm so excited you're going to have another baby! Yes, with the second, all things are different. No time to sit around and shop for baby gear!

I hope the house hunt goes well! We've got the itch to move, too!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the great baby news! I love keeping up with your blog. Our little guy was born 2/16/09, so it is fun to look through Nolans adventures to see what milestones we have to look forward too!

Hope your pregnancy is off to a good start!!

xoxo~ Erin Kinsey