Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The House- Part 1

Here are a few rooms. I just can't tackle blogging the whole house at once. So, consider this my first installment. We are gutting the kitchen in 2 weeks...walls, floors, counters, appliances. You name it, it's getting ripped out. So, I will make sure to get the old ugly kitchen in the next post. It's going to be fun around here. Anyone want to bring me a meal??? :)

This is the back of the house. On the left is the screened in porch, then the longer windows are the play room and our master bedroom is on the right.
LOVE the big, flat, fenced in backyard. I think that I fell in love with the yard before I loved the house. It's just missing a swing set!

The front porch. My parents just gave us money to get rocking chairs for our anniversary. The fun part is that every time we sit out there we meet new neighbors!

The den. When we moved in the walls were white and all the wood was natural like the beams. It was so dark in this room and I hate white walls!! I am so much happier with the built-ins and trim being white. I have been promised a mantle by Christmas! :) The french doors go out into the play room.

Play room

There is still a lot that I need to do in here, but it is just nice to have an area for the toys. The paneling out here was ugly and natural. The paint has really brightened it up.

Back screened in porch that you can walk through from the play room or off the kitchen. The window above the couch is where my kitchen sink is. I love that I can see the backyard from the kitchen. I look forward to the day when I can say, "Boys, go outside!!".

We love sitting out here. We have two ceiling fans, and until recently it has stayed cool enough to be out there anytime. This pregnant lady is looking forward to August being over!

This is all for now. We have been really busy, I just haven't been taking pictures. I am going to work on that! I need to do a Nolan update. He is becoming such a big boy. Until then...








3 comments:

Christina said...

I love the new house! i can't wait to visit!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

LOVE your house! It looks awesome!!!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

i love the house!!