Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!!

I have been a bad blogger lately. The truth is- it's been so cold out that we have gone nowhere, we have done nothing. So unless I post pictures of me and the boys in the playroom, there's just not much to talk about. However, we did go cut down our tree which we always try to do Thanksgiving weekend. It was a gorgious and very bright day, which is enjoyable, but bad for pictures. Above is Nolan being blinded by the sun.

My men cutting down our very cute tree.

Elliott watching their every move.

Bad, shadowed, two-year-old-not-looking-at-the-camera, family picture.

This is in front of one my neighbors house. Their yard is currently a BIG part of our lives. Nolan is fairly obsessed with the light display. The mailbox behind him is a faux mailbox that opens and closes when it's on. They turn the lights on around 5:30 and I swear Nolan knows the second it happens because he starts begging me to go see the mailbox. Many nights we drive down to see them because it is just so dang cold. The whole time he will say, "Oh Mommy, I am pretty excited!" How cute is that?? Today, however, it was warm enough the put layers and layers on and walk down. We were all so glad to get out. It is a trick to put mittens on small children/babies. I said about 236 swear words (in my head) as I was putting them on the boys. I think that's partly why we haven't gone out much. Once I have the socks, shoes, coats, vests, gloves and hats all on I am totally carnal. Maybe I need to work on that!! :)

Right now my mom is totally freaked out that I don't have their coats zipped up to their noses. Don't worry Mom, they were fine!! :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Lewis said...

Did you find the ornaments in your kitchen today? I hope they turned out well. I was going to ask you about that house?! I'm sure its tons of fun for your boys...do the neighbors across the street with the house for sale love it so much too? :)

Redheaded Adventures said...

All of that layering and mitten wearing makes Rocky seem really low maintenance. I'll admit I feel the same way about gloves and kids - AHHHHHH!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Love your cute boys and LOVED talking to you today. Wells is obsessed with lights as well. He and chris have "christmas adventures" EVERY night for 20 minutes and drive around to see lights. worth the gas to see his excitement. Christmas with kids is such a blast (until you have to put on the hat and gloves)!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

such great pictures!!