Friday, January 27, 2012

For the Love of Books

Well friends, I have not blogged because there has been absolutely NOTHING to blog about. I think that is just part of January. We recover from the busy holidays, stay inside to avoid the cold dreary rain, and just lay low in general.

This week, however, I went to a consignment sale. I love, love, love consignment. I get about 90% of the boys clothes through two different sales twice a year. I know there will come a time that they will get too big for this but I am going to take full advantage of it while I can. My biggest steal is that I got a pair of Sperry dress shoes for Nolan that look like they have never been worn for $3.00! I was pretty darn excited!

Anyway- the point of all of this is to say that this time I also ventured into buying a few books. I usually avoid the book section because it just seems so overwhelming but I took a deep breath and dug through the piles. I stumbled across a few great finds and my boys have been in heaven. I am beyond thankful that they love books. Jerel and I love to read- sadly I can't seem to find the time that I use to for books- and we read to the boys all throughout the day. Nolan is at the point where he will spend a long period of time just looking at books. I can tell that he is really wanting to learn to read.  I was afraid that Elliott would not love books because we have not read to him as much- but he too is a huge fan. May they always love the written word!








No comments: