Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 Months

Bailey turned three months old yesterday. Is it strange that I am giving the same updates on my dog as I did with my children?? Don't worry, I don't have any stats to post! :)

She really is a great dog and fits into our family like she's always been here. She is house trained, sleeps great at night, and walking pretty well on the leash. The only command that she follows is sit. The down side is that she DOES NOT come when we call her- as in completely ignores us, and she jumps up on people. I am determined to train that out of her. Also, the boys can really get her wound up and I have to be so careful with that. You have to be 100% convinced that you want a dog if you are getting a puppy while having small children. A few times I have thought- what the heck have we done??? But those thoughts are usually fleeting and mostly we just love her and love having a dog back in our family.

She has grown a ton. We think she is almost the size now that Rocky was. She is going to be a big girl (thus I am determined to train jumping up on people, especially children, out of her!!).

It's really hard to photograph a puppy- but here is my best effort!




2 comments:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

gosh, that is one CUTE puppy!

Grand Button said...

Sarah, will you let me know the breeder for your Golden Doodle...I am looking for one and Bailey is just too cute.