Monday, September 3, 2012

Zoo & Lake

Jerel had another week of vacation this past week and we were able to do a few fun things with the boys. We had always heard that the Columbia Zoo was a great place, and since we hadn't taken the family truckster on a road trip yet, we decided to go on a mini-adventure.

It really was a great zoo and a highlight of the day was feeding the giraffes. The zoo must make a fortune on this gig alone! :)





Isn't she cute???

I tried to get a picture of the boys together. This is the best I could do...


The other 300 looked more like this...


or this...


I'm already dreading getting a Christmas picture. And I have no idea what's going on with Nolan's hair!

Another highlight was riding the merry-go-round. Nolan picked the tiger and Elliott picked the rhinoceros, of course.





On another day we took the boys out to a friends' lake house. They had been asking to go fishing. It wasn't exactly a hot spot for fish, but they had a good time.


We took Bailey also. She wasn't 100% sure about the situation but became quite the swimmer that day.


We took the boys on kayaks to "pirate island" to look for buried treasures. Jerel went back to get Bailey and brought her over to the island and she was in puppy heaven. I don't have any pictures. Two small boys, kayaks, a dog, a island, and a camera don't mix well!! :) I didn't risk it!!

In other news, school starts tomorrow. WOO-HOOO!!! Not that I'm excited!! :)

1 comment:

Betsy said...

so cute, but that giraffe's tongue is kinda freaking me out. maybe she licked nolan's hair??