Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ashlei's Baby Shower



The Sarah's

My version of simple elegance. We had cup cakes, mini key lime cheesecake (so yummy!!), chocolate covered strawberries, cheeseball and crackers. The center is a sweet diaper cake that Suzie made. 

When I was on staff with Campus Crusade at Alabama my first discipleship group had four girls in it. Two were Ashlei (left) and Dana (right). My 11 years on staff I was privileged to disciple a lot of women but only a few would I call my friends. These two are friends for life. Two years ago we all got married within 6 weeks of each other and now we are having baby boys within 6 months of each other. Ashlei is due in 2 weeks with Grady, and Dana is due in 7 weeks with Wells. It will be so fun to watch our boys grow up together! 

This is so crazy and fun. After the shower all the hostesses had the husbands bring the babies over. As I look at this I see women who first and foremost love the Lord and want nothing more than for their children to love the Lord. In the past 7 years they have experienced marriage, moves, buying their first homes, losing parents, miscarriages, and adoption. Through it all we have experienced the faithfulness of God. 

Got to go. So You Think You Can Dance- the best show EVER- is on!!


No comments: