Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Boys

Nolan...

Last week I took Nolan to his ENT (first of all, I never thought that my 19 month old would have a ENT that we are becoming quite familiar with) for a follow up appointment. A year ago I had discovered that he had a growth in the roof of his mouth. Last year his doctor diagnosed it as a torus palatinus- which is a fairly common bone growth that is usually no big deal. But when he looked at it last week he felt like it had changed and "looked a little funny", but thinks that it "looks benign" - always comforting words!! :) So he recommended that we go ahead and schedule surgery to have it removed. He also wanted a hearing test done to rule out that being a factor of his very limited speech. Thankfully, his hearing is perfect, which I suspected. Today they scheduled his surgery for this friday at 8:30. I think that is sounds like a fairly easy surgery and recovery, but he still has to go under anesthesia. That part makes me the most nervous. Feel free to pray!

Elliott...

I don't think that I have published the baby's name. It is Elliott Forrest. We just like the name Elliott (means The Lord is my God) and Forrest is Jerel's grandfather. So, now you know! :) Anyway, he is huge!! I am 35 weeks this week and he is measuring between 2-3 ahead of schedule. We are basically taking it week by week, but my doctor is already talking about inducing in the next few weeks. I really did not want to be induced this time- it just was not a great experience with Nolan. I want to trust the Lord with this and believe that he will come when he is suppose to. But, at the same time, I don't want to be dumb and have the world's largest baby. Other than that, Elliott is perfectly healthy and I am really feeling pretty good. At this point in my pregnancy with Nolan I was a few weeks deep into bed rest. PRAISE THE LORD that I am not on bed rest this time. It's actually been a fairly easy pregnancy, which I am so thankful for. So, please pray with me that this little guy will come on his own- or that I will have peace about whatever we are to do next.

Sorry that this is a wordy, picture-less post. I will get some pictures up this week at some point. Our kitchen is done and I love it! Well, I say done. What I mean is it is as done as it is going to get for now. A few other little project will have to happen somewhere down the road. I will share it with you later.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Love the name!!! I also measured 2-3 weeks ahead and delivered Abigail at 38 weeks. She was 8 lbs 2 ounces. I will be praying the surgery goes well!

Maggie Pelton said...

I LOVE his name, too. I will be praying for the surgery. I know that's scary whenever anesthesia is involved.

Will you email me sometime. I've been thinking about you and wanted to talk kitchen gutting! We finally found a house but it needs a gut in a big way!