Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ode to Elliott

Can you believe that I had this sweet thing a year ago today?? It has honestly gone by so fast and I have really enjoyed Elliott's first year. This little guy is so sweet and so fun. He has us laughing all the time. He and Nolan are starting to enjoy each other. Well, Elliott has always been enamored with Nolan and I feel like Nolan has recently started to play happily with his little brother. Elliott is cruising on furniture but doesn't seem all that interested in walking. He's a great sleeper and a good eater on days. I'm convinced that I have no idea how to help my children be good eaters- but that is another post for another time. He's starting to use more and more words. He says Dada, night night, pop, GO GO GO, honk honk, and he'll sign all done. Did you happen to see Mama on that list? No?? Me either!! :) I wanted to share a few of my recent favorite pictures of our birthday boy.

He seriously loves this dog and Rocky is so sweet and patient with him.

I could squeeze these legs ALL.DAY.LONG!

This is one of his favorite toys. This kid will crawl all over the house, including up stairs, with this in his hands. Now that is talent!

I had just finished folding this basket of clothes. Thanks buddy!!

Again, why I don't clean windows.

He's a cool daddy. Always has a foot propped up. He and Nolan were holding hands during lunch. Melt! :)


My parents were here last weekend so we celebrated Elliott's birthday early. You have to be able to collect social security in order to be invited to my childrens' birthday parties. :) I made these cupcakes and frosting from scratch. YUM!! I may never be able to go back to the box.


Nolan did a great job helping Elliott open presents and showed him how to play with then. It gave me a insight to what Christmas is going to be like this year. Crazy!!!

It took him a while to warm up to his cupcake but once he had a bite he was all in!


So...that leads us up to this morning! He hasn't been sleeping all that great this past week. He's been getting a cold, or maybe allergies, AND cutting 2 teeth. Just stuffy and grumpy. I got him up this morning, snuggle with him as he has one of his final bottles and 45 seconds later he proceeds to throw up all over himself, me, and the carpet. I was just thankful that he hadn't had the milk in him long enough for it to curdle. I know, it's the small things in life that keep me going. I took this picture right after I stripped him down. He wasn't the least bit phased. I think that he was dealing with a lot of drainage. I had his 1 year pictures scheduled to do this afternoon and was so hoping that I wouldn't have to cancel. I was careful with the food he ate and there were no more incidents UNTIL we were almost to our picture destination and he vomited all over everything. We pulled over, changed him, got back in the car and had the pictures done. No promise on how those will turn out!!

Happy birthday buddy. Sorry you threw up all over the both of us!! :) We love you no matter what!

3 comments:

Redheaded Adventures said...

Happy Birthday big guy! I really need to come and squeeze those chubby thighs!!! Hope yall are recovering and no more vomit has appeared.

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

Happy Birthday, Elliott! great pictures!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Happy Birthday Elliott! He is so cute!