Friday, November 27, 2009

Mornings

I feel like mornings have been looking a lot differently since we had Elliott. They use to be fairly predictable, and now I never know who is going to wake up when, and it can be a trick to balance two babies at once. Here are a few pictures of our recent mornings.

Today Jerel was sleeping in a little because he took night duty with Elliott. Nolan woke up first, I got his milk ready, took Rocky out and got him fed and then Elliott woke up right when I was getting ready to sit down with Nolan. We still hold him while he drinks his milk because he can't/doesn't tip his head back...long story. Anyway, he wants his milk and Elliott is crying, so I put him in the recliner, tilt him back and tell him to go for it! It worked out pretty well! :)

A few days ago I was giving Elliott his bottle and Nolan kept bringing me books wanting me to read to him. I continually tell him that he has to wait until I was done. So he decided to just climb up onto the chair and climb onto me. I felt like a human jungle gym.

Jerel is the breakfast king in this house. He has made us pancakes every saturday since we got married. This past week he found an assistant and Nolan loved it. We are trying to get him more involved in the meal process hoping that this will help him embrace food. He had no problem embracing these pancakes! :)



1 comment:

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

ummmmmm....we have the same life right now, even down to the human jungle gym. i LOVE reading your posts. seriously, i am just reminding myself that we will LOVE this one day! And we can say "ha!" when all our friends are in the baby stage again!! :) love you!