Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Now I Understand...

why people have more than one child! :) Nolan was such a difficult baby that the only reason we decided to have another one was because we knew he would be a rotten only child! I just couldn't fathom why in the world people repeatedly had babies. I have now been enlightened in the wonderful world of easy, laid back babies. I prayed daily since Nolan was 6 weeks old that our next child would an easy one. I know that the Lord could have- in His goodness- given us a child even more difficult that Nolan, but I am so thankful that he answered my pleas! This little guy has the sweetest disposition, falls asleep really easily, and sleeps great at night. If he is crying it is because he is hungry and then he can get pretty cranked up if I don't move fast enough. I know that this could all fall apart at any moment, but in the mean time I will just be thankful.

An update on my first day with them alone...we did great. It was an enjoyable day for the most part. Today their schedules have collided a few times and I thought I would loose it during lunch, but I made it without tears (I was the only one, however!). So, now I am off to nap so I can make it through the rest of the day! Yea for naps!!

LOVE him!!


4 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Girl, I know exactly what you mean!! We totally prayed the same thing when I was preggo with Abs. And God totally made it happen! Thank goodness for his mercy when we need it! Oh, and Elliot is just precious!

Ashley said...

so your telling me that an easy/laid back baby isn't normal?!!! what?!!! haha... Ryder is just like Elliot..and the more people I talk to, the more lucky (or blessed!) I realize I am...I was wandering why people think babies are hard! haha! Anywho, Elliot is adorable...glad y'all are doing well! Oh, and thanks for your comment a ways back on the pumping stuff...i'm still going at it..gonna try and make it 6 months but we'll see....is bf any better for you this time around? I've already started praying it's easier with #2 for me!

Teresa said...

Have I told you that I still think you are neat-o? I do. And I am thankful Elliot is presenting himself as easy. So you know that I cannot say your son's name either in my head or aloud without using E.T.'s voice. "ELLLLLIOOOOOTTTT!"

Redheaded Adventures said...

I'm so glad this cutie is so laid back and you made it without tears yesterday!! Yippee! I will have to say meal times at my house are still not very fun - it's just a hard time of day. And Elliott is so cute - and he allready looks like he's grown a bit. Hang in there and enjoy the sweet goodness