Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Happy Day"!

Saturday was Nolan's second birthday, or as he says "Happy Day". As I think back over this past year I am just so proud of him. There have been a lot of obstacles with his eating and talking- but he has worked so hard and come so far. He is very kind, a servant at heart, loves to laugh and dance, and for the most part is very obedient. He loves, loves, loves music. He has a CD player in his room and will sit in there for at least 30 minutes at a time and change out cd's and just listen. His favorite toys are instruments- it will be interesting to see which one he decides to play one day. He is drawn to the violin...I just don't know if I could handle that! :) He also loves to watch sports and can seriously toss a ball. His speech improves daily and I realized that he whines so much less than when he couldn't talk. And let me tell you, that kid could whine!! I enjoy him more and more every day. Happy birthday buddy- we can't wait to see what this next year will bring us.

02/20/08

02/20/09

02/20/10

We had a fairly low-key birthday. Saturday we had over our former neighbors who love Nolan as a grandson. This is his cute cake that I DID NOT make. God bless Publix- I just didn't have the energy! Then on Sunday Jerel's parents were able to celebrate with us. We went to Moe's- Nolan's favorite- but he threw up about 1 minute after we got there. There has been a nasty stomach bug going around Greenville. Lovely. He's fine now.


No problem licking off the frosting

He got this very cool toy guitar which he loves. Can you just see the joy??

3 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

Clayton got that guitar for his
3rd birthday! Happy Birthday Nolan!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Happy Birthday Nolan!!!

Redheaded Adventures said...

I can't believe how fast he is growing up - what a cutie