Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meet Bailey

We had to put Rocky down 1 year, 4 months, and 3 days ago (not that anyone is counting). I started looking for another dog about a week later. Our house just felt so empty without one. Rock did not shed- and I was never going back to a shedding dog. We looked at getting another Wheaten but they are not notoriously good with children- we just happened to have a great Wheaten. Actually, none of the breeders would let us have one until Elliott was 5. I knew there was no way we could wait that long. So I started looking at Golden doodles. I found a breeder that we really liked near here and waited for the right litter and the right time of life for us. This past Valentines day a litter was born from the parents that I specifically wanted and we figured it was time to take the plunge. We knew that it would be exhausting and a lot of work to have a puppy- which it has been- but we also believed that it would be worth it, long term, to be the ones who raised and trained the puppy. We shall have to wait and see about that one, but we are hopeful. So...here is Bailey.


The above two picture are from the day we went to pick her out. We had the second pick of the litter and felt like she really chose us. There were 3 to pick from and every time I looked down she was in my lap or sitting under my feet. She was 5 1/2 weeks here.

We got her last Tuesday evening and everyone is adjusting well. She sleeps through the night- in a crate in our room. The boys love her- I just have to keep them from loving her too much! ;) I feel like we have a new born. I don't really go anywhere- so if anyone wants to play with a puppy, you know where to find me!!









I took this one today. She is 8 weeks and changing fast!


So, that is our Bailey. I am sure you will be hearing MUCH more about her!! ;)

4 comments:

Redheaded Adventures said...

Oh My! I love her!

Brenda said...

LOVE!

Kimmie said...

she is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Grand Button said...

Sarah B,I love your puppy. I have been trying to decide about a Golden Doodle since our Golden Retriever died....
I like the no shed idea a lot...send me some info on Bailey.dekinsey@centurylink.net