Saturday, June 16, 2012

Florida

My mom flew up a few weeks ago and took Nolan back to Florida with her for 10 days. Last Thursday Jerel, Elliott, and I flew down to have a long weekend together and bring Nolan back. Nolan had a great time while he was there and I seriously don't think that he missed us at all. I guess that is a good thing?? :)

This was Elliott's first flight and he loved it. This boy is always up for an adventure!


The boys were so happy to see each other and we had a fun-filled 2 1/2 days.

They swam in the blow up pool. Huge hit!!


Jerel was able to set up a new compute for my parents. I think Nolan possibly loves it more than they do!


Went to the park.




Then we went to Gatorama- which is an alligator/crocodile conservatory and farm. I don't generally endorse anything Gator but the boys had such a great time that I was able to overlook my prejudices!

This child can seriously sweat!!
They were (safely) inches from and feeding this guy (two pictures down, not Jerel :))-



Then we got to watch one of the zoo keepers...trainers...whatever she was, feed these nasty creatures.




I very deeply, very passionately wished that I'd had a spear with me!! GO NOLES!!! ------->

Then they asked if anyone wanted to hold a baby alligator. Nolan yelled "no way" and ran the other way. Elliott said, "yes, please!". And that, my friends, is a fairly accurate picture of these boys! :)

I will say that Elliott was a little timid at first,


but warmed up


and was pretty proud of himself.


After rest time the boys played dominoes with Grandma.



The next day we headed home.


Thanks Mom & Dad for a great weekend. We look forward to invading again soon!!

No comments: