Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our First Parade

I love our neighborhood!! I love that we have a annual Christmas party, and Easter egg hunt, and other gatherings throughout the year. I had heard that the kids use to have 4th of July parades, but that hadn't happened since we've lived here. Honestly, our neighborhood is a little on the elderly side. People moved here 20+ years ago and may never move out. It's starting to become "younger" little by little- but I love all of our older neighbors. There is a group of women that walk every morning at 8:00 and I am often out with them. Last week they told me that their grandchildren were all going to be in town this week and they wanted to do a little parade through our neighborhood. They were very sweet to invite me and the boys.

We showed up this morning at 8:00. They slowly showed up with their grandbabies, flags, balloons, instruments, hats, and patriotic music blared from their houses. How cute is that?? We paraded up a street to have doughnuts and water. The boys loved it.





I totally get why these families never move- I myself hope to live here forever!!! ;)

No comments: