Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Covenant Child


We finally had Nolan baptized this past Sunday. Before now, I wasn't ready, then he wasn't ready- so we just waited. He was perfect. Apparently he made an entertaining face when the water was placed on his head but I totally missed it. I forgot my camera that morning (I was having an "off" day) so we took this when we got home. By this point Nolan had ditched his shoes. Oh well!
We have the best neighbors in the world. Curtis and Bernie are an elderly couple that live in the pink (and I mean pepto bismal) house next to us. The are avid dog lovers but no longer have any dogs. So they adopted Rocky as their grand-dog right after we got him. He is at their house about as much as ours and they keep him for us whenever we go out of town. We have saved a fortune by not having to board him and he loved them. They don't have grandchildren of their own and I think that they now see Nolan as their grandchild. Curtis boldly proclaims that he does not believe that there is a God- but he wanted to come to Nolan's baptism. It was so sweet to have them there and the Gospel was preached beautifully during the sermon. After the service we had Jerel's parents and Curtis and Bernie over for lunch (which was a total disaster- I think the WORST meal I have ever made, but that is another story for another time) and Bernie brought this sweet basket of cookies that she made. Can you tell that there are even cookies in the shape of a dog bone? I have prayed daily that Nolan would be light among the darkness. I am so thankful that because of his life Curtis and Bernie have been exposed to the Light. I pray that they are willing to have more conversations with us about Christ in the future!

Except for the barely edible meal, it was a good day! :)

No comments: