Thursday, February 16, 2012

Could of been worse...I guess

Today kinda sucked for the Warren family. Jerel has been out of town working and called at 7:30 this morning to report that he had the stomach bug. This bug has been all over Greenville. I wasn't feeling stellar myself this morning and just stayed in my pj's and cleaned and played with the boys. After we finished up lunch, Elliott was pushing back from the table and I think the legs of the chair got caught on the rug. The next thing I knew there was a huge crash and major screaming. I picked him up, trying to calm him down so I could asses the damage. All I could feel was something running down my neck and I knew it was blood. He had gashed the back of his head open on a bench that is on the wall behind his chair. I freaked because I didn't know what to do. I called six people to see if they could help me and couldn't get anyone. And my doctors office was closed for lunch- of course. I got the bleeding to stop and my friend Kristi called me back and came over to give her opinion. I just didn't know what to do and the thought of sitting in the ER during flu season was so unappealing!! Then I remembered that a friend from church, whose husband is a ER doctor, said to call any time. So I called and she told me where her husband was working today- which just so happens to be the nicest, calmest, cleanest ER I have ever seen!! She called ahead to let her husband know that I was bringing Elliott in. My friend Kristi took Nolan home with her and Jerel threw up some more in Atlanta! ;) I sat in the waiting room for about one minute and then the nicest nurse took me back, decided that he for sure needed staples. Sweet Elliott was so wonderful. He never cried as they cleaned it up. He talked with everyone and was quite happy to watch Cat In the Hat. I think he was their favorite patient of the day.


They put this crazy bandage on him to help the numbing cream set in. Looks so dramatic! He napped on the way home and other than being a little clingy and whiney this evening you would never know anything happened. I was able to give him a bath and get the rest of the caked on blood out of his hair. Hopefully he wont wake up too sore tomorrow. May this be our one and only trip the the ER. Here's to wishful/foolish thinking!! :)

4 comments:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

eek! Hope YOU are in bed at this point! I'm so sorry about the day and hope tomorrow Jerel is feeling better and Elliott is not too sore!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Poor buddy! I'm so glad your ER friend came through and I hope Elliot heals up quickly!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's OK. Give him a hug from Uncle Tom (and have one for yourself, too)!

Redheaded Adventures said...

So glad you and Elliott were taken good care of and hope you are all feeling better soon. Hugs to you