Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Elliott Forrest

I know, I know, I'm blogging in the hospital. But lets face it- it may not get easier than this for a long time. Elliott is in the post-delivery coma, Nolan is at the grandparents, and people at the hospital feed me! :)

We have had a great day. I checked in at 5:30 and they started everything right away. I got the epidural around 11:00 and barely experienced any pain. At 3:30 we knew he was ready and by 3:57 after I pushed twice, our little (or not so little) guy was here.

Elliott is 8 lbs. 7 oz. 21 in. long. He has already nursed great and is sleeping like a champ the past two hours. I am hopeful that he will be able to nurse. They are taking him to the nursery tonight (YEA, YEA, YEA!!) and I am looking forward to a couple hours of sleep.

Thanks for all your prayers. I know the recovery can be rough, but I embrace the drugs that are offered to me! :) We are looking forward to getting home and introducing him to his brother and dog.



15 comments:

Kimmie said...

PRECIOUS!!!! he is a big boy! so cute. you look great by the way!

mollie said...

congrats! i'm so glad you got to eat dinner. :) can't wait to meet him!

Redheaded Adventures said...

you look great and he is a whopper (so cute)! You go girl! Wish I was there!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! He looks like a little cutie! Glad everyone is well!

the Kinsey's

The Burgess Family said...

Seems like just yesterday we were on the phone telling each other we were pregnant. Now your little man is here and my little girl will be any day! Crazy! He's adorable. Wish I could come visit you at the hospital.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Congrats! He is precious!!! I'm glad things are going well! And I blogged from the hospital as well...that's so fun!

Christina said...

Elliot is very cute!! I can't wait to meet him!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

congratulations S & J! Elliott and I share a birthday :) I am so honored!

Teresa said...

Another beautiful baby! So thankful its gone so smoothly. Love you!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

yay! so glad that he is here!!

The Pughs said...

Sarah,
It is Holly Graham...from UA. I stumbled across your blog via Dana's. I am so glad I did. He is beautiful and you look amazing. Enjoying catching up on how you are and what the Lord is doing in your life. Congrats and good luck with your 2 boys. I have 2 as well and love my time with them.

The Glidewells said...

Congrats!!! Let the fun begin!

julie said...

You look amazing. Congratulations on two beautiful boys!

Lauren said...

Sarah, I's so happy for you and Jerel. My mom said he is the most beautiful baby..."the prettiest infant I have ever seen" Can't wait to meet him over Thanksgiving : )

Maggie Pelton said...

Congratulations, Sarah! He's adorable and you look great, too. Have fun with your two little ones!