Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nesting

I don't remember it being this bad with Nolan but I have the nesting bug...bad!! I literally dream about rearranging furniture and hanging pictures. I probably did 10 loads of laundry this week getting all of Nolan's infant clothes ready for Elliott. My poor husband has taken things we are not currently using up to the attic and brought things down like the car seat and bouncy seat. But, I am happy to report that we are ready! Well, I don't actually own any newborn diapers or have any bags packed up, but I can work on that this week. If Elliott does not show up on his own by Wednesday the 21st, they are going to make sure he shows up! :) I think that I feel ok about being induced. He already weighs 7 lbs. 5 oz. and I am 2 cm dilated. Hopefully he will just come on his own. I will start walking some major hills next week! :) So, here are the boys rooms. I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.

Elliott's room...it's a vintage car & truck theme.
It's a little sparse right now, but we will add to it along the way.



I found this fun Route 66 wallpaper and Jerel and I educated ourselves with the wallpaper process last weekend. We were proud of figuring out how to hang it straight and match the pattern. I kept debating if I could make Elliott's monogram out of uniform letters. Ultimately I decided that it was my artwork and I could do whatever I wanted! :)

Cute truck bedding I got off of ebay

Nolan would like to show you his room...

View when you enter the room

I painted this mural about a month ago. The map above his crib is one Jerel brought back from Kenya. It's mostly a world/Africa theme in here.

I got rid of a changing table in his room...we just don't have anything that would work in both rooms. Maybe he will be potty trained soon! HA!!

2 comments:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

looks great! good job:)

Maggie Pelton said...

Their rooms are so cute! How in the "world" did you paint that mural? (did you catch it?) I love it!! Way to go on hanging wallpaper. I've got my eyes on some for the new house, too.