Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Duck, Duck, Goose!


Last week Jerel has the entire week off, which we love!! We did little projects around the house and tried to do a few "special" things with the boys. They love when we go down to the river to feed the ducks. This day we found mostly geese. They are apparently very use to children feeding them stale bread and are a bit aggressive. About 5 seconds after I took this picture a goose bit Nolan because he wasn't feeding it fast enough. We decided to move up river to find less aggressive ducks. Sadly the pigeons were onto us and followed along. We did find six very sweet and appreciative ducks, were happily feeding them, and I was just about to take a picture when a pigeon landed on Elliott's head. I screamed, Jerel knocked it off with his hand, Elliott cried, and we left. I am sure there is a lesson to be learned in all of this- I'm just not sure what it is! :)